Saturday, August 4, 2012

Chandrakanta's Balcony

Oil on Canvas with palette knives.
A3 size

An artistic representation of my Septuagenarian friend Chandrakanta's balcony. She had moved to a new apartment  and was excitedly showing me around . She didn't waste much time on other stuff as she quickly led me to this beautiful balcony, which had a glass railing.One could step right into this circular balcony spanning across a bedroom and kitchen at the other end. She had decorated it with nice flowering potted plants. We sipped iced tea on those chairs and looked out into the hills at the distance..All in all it was a grand evening, as we chatted and caught up on each other after months. She is one of the most energetic women I have seen and the age difference that we have has never come into our friendship. I told her there and then that I was going to paint this experience. I came home and attacked the canvas immediately, as I painted out of memory! I painted this over a month ago but my life has become so hectic that blogging is beginning to take a back seat. 

No comments: