Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ivory


Oil on Canvas with palette knives
14 x 16 "


Tuberose ( Rajanigandha) is one of my favourite flowers and a few stalks regularly adorn my living room. This painting is inspired by a few white lilies that I bought along with my regular Rajanigandhas. Inspite of my penchant for dark colours, I have always chosen these white flowers for my living room, both for their fragrance and purity. The connection goes back to my younger days. After my father suddenly passed away, my Mom used to adorn his portrait with a bunch of these flowers and they became a part of our living room decor. Another connection is with the song Rajanigandha from the movie of the same name, which I sang right through my childhood and am still singing. After many years, I have fallen into the same habit of putting a few stalks in my living room and delighting in their familiar fragrance. All is well, except for the price of these flowers, which is quite steep! 
I have to put a few finishing touches, once the painting dries a little. Uploading a link to the song. Hope you like it!

1 comment:

KK said...

Simply love this one.